Monday, July 1, 2013

Music and Emotion

We have been in Maine for two and a half weeks on vacation- amazing time with my family there and trips to various places and kayaking, hunting for sea glass, trips to islands, etc. We got back tonight and I was going to post on another ipad app, but I can't... I have been praying for a little girl adopted from China as our little girl was, and Teresa (the little one I've prayed for) had multiple surgeries including a heart transplant and she sadly rejected the heart and passed away this afternoon. She was 6! God gave her the new heart and lungs she needed and she is out of pain and dancing in a fancy princess dress (she loved princesses and tiaras!) in Heaven. But, oh, how I cried for the battle she fought so valiantly and for her sweet family who have 7 other children, 4 from China. You already know my beliefs and I believe her family WILL see her again, simply not this side of Heaven. I cried for her family and then made the mistake of putting some music on. It never fails to amaze me; the POWER of music to amplify emotions; magnifies the joy and intensifies the pain. I will post later about ipad apps, just need some time to remember a little girl named Teresa...

5 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I have lost two very dear uncles within the last 3 weeks. Last week when the second passed away, my husband was playing some music in the office. I could barely stand to be near it because it amplified the sorrow I was already feeling. I hope that your family and faith help you to heal and know that this beautiful little girl is in a better place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a very sad loss but an amazing story about this girl and what a LIVELY little beauty she was! She LIVED every moment and didn't let surgeries, hospitalizations, oxygen tanks bigger than she was, or anything stand in the way of living LIFE to the fullest! I'm still struggling to listen to music; every song seems to have lyrics that intensify the sadness I'm feeling. Thanks for the comment, Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My name is Georgia. I am a music teacher in Florida. I was searching for lesson plan ideas and came across your blog via pinterest. I was blown away when I read your "about me" information and I learned that you have adopted from China. Then I saw this post about Theresa and I felt like I needed to connect with you. Our family just adopted a little boy from China in October 2012 and I am a member of several Facebook adoption groups and I too have been praying for sweet Theresa and her family for some time now. What a small world it is when I could be looking for music information and come across a fellow sister in Christ with such similarities. Just couldn't help but say hello!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Georgia! So glad to "meet" you and so very glad you've been helping to share the burden of praying for Teresa and her family. Congratulations on your adoption! Our daughter, Caiya, has been home with us for 4 years now and boy, does time fly! She is 5.5! Look for me on Facebook and friend me- Aimee Pfitzner. Where in Fl? We are coming down in October... hmmmm.... :)
      Blessings!

      Delete
  4. Aimee:
    Thank you so much for your posts. I have used many of your ideas. It has made teaching so much easier. I made a power presentation with Dinosaur Bones and my students just love this melody. I tie this song with Camille Saint-Saens' Fossils.
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete

Submitted comments will be posted after approval.